We are the exclusive contributor for Lexology’s Navigator chapter on Employment & Labor in New York. Topics discussed include:
- Which issues would you most highlight to someone new to your state?
- What do you consider unique to those doing business in your state?
- Is there any general advice you would give in the labor/employment area?
- Are there any noteworthy proposals for reform in your state?
- What are the emerging trends in employment law in your state, including the interplay with other areas of law, such as firearms legislation, legalization of marijuana and privacy?
- What state-specific laws govern the employment relationship?
- Are there state-specific rules regarding employee/contractor misclassification?
- Must an employment contract be in writing?
- How can employers make changes to existing employment agreements?
- What are the requirements relating to advertising open positions?
To read the full chapter on the Lexology website, click here.